Let the Professionals Handle Flood Damage Remediation in Your Norristown Home
Professional Flood Damage Restoration For Norristown Homes
Flooding is a regular concern for Norristown residents. With the Schuylkill River making up the town’s entire Southwestern border, outside water intrusions are a real threat whenever the weather threatens to cause the river to crest its banks or drops water faster than the storm drains can remove it.
To eliminate Norristown flood damage, SERVPRO response teams remove water, clean or replace affected property, and dry out the home. Technicians break these processes down into key steps that can sometimes overlap to return each home to its owners as quickly as possible.
- Draw out the majority of the water with commercial grade pumps. Restoration teams can complete this step, usually in only one or two days.
- Remove the remaining water using smaller extractors that pull water off concrete floors, and draw it out of carpets and from between wood floorboards without causing secondary damage. They direct all water into the nearest sewer access point.
Clean or Replace
- SERVPRO technicians spray the water surface before starting other tasks to eliminate the health risk from the soil and other contaminants.
- Remove all affected property to a clean area of the home or to another location to extract the flood water and clean each item using one of our commercial cleaners with an anti-bacterial agent. That also includes affected floors and walls.
- Dispose of all items to contaminated or otherwise damaged for repair. Technicians take careful note of all items before cleaning or disposal to make certain the customer’s insurance company covers all actions.
Dry The Home
- Team members install fans to increase air circulation as others finish work with the extractors. Improved circulation removes damp air in the home and increases the natural rate of evaporation.
- Technicians also install air movers at key points to speed up drying. By directing the airflow, they can force moisture out of wood floors and drywall panels and into the air where it evaporates or is pulled out of the home by the fans.
For SERVPRO of Norristown, our goal is to return every home here and in Lower Province Township, East Norriton, and West Norriton to its owners in a dry and clean condition. If you have had even a small amount of flooding, contact our office today at (610) 272-8520 to begin the restoration process. We are here for you.
Click here to see more about Norristown.